Program Manager - Individual and Family Donors
POSITION DESCRIPTION | 2017
SUMMARY OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Give2Asia is a leading provider of philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform to support and partner with local, charitable groups in 25 Asian countries. Give2Asia is seeking a talented professional to join its Program team in San Francisco.
The Program Manager will steward and support our work with family and foundation donors, with an emphasis on delivering quality service to high-net worth donors and helping to build relationship with donors’ financial and legal advisors.
Primary responsibilities including managing advised grant making activity based on Give2Asia’s donor partnerships; collaborating effectively with a group of stakeholders (finance, donors, local organizations in Asia, and others) to establish, manage and monitor charitable projects; and providing wide-ranging assistance to the Associate Vice President of Programs. The Program Manager must demonstrate an interest in individual and family philanthropy; a commitment to the role that private philanthropy plays in supporting vital, sustainable communities in Asia; and exceptional communication, organizational, and research skills.
Donor Stewardship and Relationship Management
- Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow Give2Asia’s work with individual and family donors, including donor and prospect events, in-person meetings, mailings, online educational opportunities, etc.
- Proactively manage funds and campaigns, manage and monitor online giving initiatives, and work collaboratively with other program team members to advance fundraising goals. The Program Manager will be responsible for meeting with donors and partners as determined by the Associate Vice President.
- Provide thorough, accurate, and timely stewardship to individual and family donors and proactively deliver value-added donor services, timely and transparent information, and advice to exceed donor expectations.
- Manage fund portfolios and keep the Associate Vice President updated on progress and issues that arise.
- Design and produce both high-level and detailed grant making analyses, portfolio reports and projections, infographics, and other documents adapted to the unique needs of each individual and family client.
- Create project funding recommendations for Family/Individual Donors for projects that align with their interests, as requested. Facilitate donor relationships with Give2Asia field advisors as appropriate.
· Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Ensure that all grants regardless of type go through Give2Asia rigorous grant making process, including due diligence, donor approval, grant agreements, oversight and interim and final grantee reporting, and donor reporting. The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that grant making is done efficiently and accurately with timely communication with donors, field advisors, and grantees.
· Review and analyze grantee reports, prepare summaries for donors and record-keeping.
· Manage and track grants, ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
· As needed, maintain strong communication with local organizations in Asia seeking US-based donations through Give2Asia, and guide them through the online fundraising tools.
Research and Marketing
- Research content on current or potential donors and grantees as requested by Business Development and Marketing staff.
- Identify trends in the philanthropy sector in Asia and provide recommendations that inform organizational and donor strategic plans.
· Co-manage the “Projects in Need of Funding” online fundraising initiative with the Associate VP of Programs. Screen project proposals from local organizations in Asia and development and implement strategies for funding solicitation, including: creating online fundraising pages for projects on Give2Asia’s website, coordinate donor outreach efforts with Give2Asia’s Marketing Department, and lead direct, one-on-one donor solicitation.
- Optimize database use for client stewardship, including client segmentation for the Family/Individual client portfolio; other database management and data entry, as requested.
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
- Continuously analyze existing fund/grant databases and make recommendation for enhancements. Recommend and resolve problems and determine system improvements, initiating and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Supervise program team interns; review work and provide training as needed.
- Bachelors degree with minimum 2-4 years of fundraising or individual/family philanthropy experience or equivalent required
- Familiarity with legal requirements and ethics of international grant making
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including experience writing direct mail appeals, e-appeals, websites, and social media communications
- Outgoing personality and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors; direct marketing and development experience preferred
- Understanding and ability to build strong relationships with donors for the Chinese diaspora preferred; fluency in Mandarin Chinese strongly preferred
- Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and work independently
- Attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
- Proven track record with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Entrepreneurial and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, including presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint); Experience with grant making and database applications strongly preferred (e.g. Salesforce)
- Understanding of and interest in philanthropy and civil society development in Asia
- Work or life experience in Asia strongly preferred
- Experience managing donor events preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese preferred
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President of Programs
Please click here to submit a cover letter and resume.