GIVE2ASIA Program Associate
We are Give2Asia, recognized as a leading provider of philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform to support and partner with local, charitable groups in 25 Asian countries.
Summary of Job Accountabilities
The Program Associate is responsible for supporting donor stewardship activities, with an emphasis on Give2Asia’s major donors. Primary responsibilities include providing wide-ranging assistance to Program Officers who manage relationships with Give2Asia’s major clients and serving as a center of knowledge around Give2Asia’s best practices in stewardship. The Program Associate must demonstrate strong communication, organizational, and research skills; and a commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Asia.
Reports To: Program Officer
Internal: Interacts most closely with Give2Asia’s Program Development Department and other departments as needed within Give2Asia, and frequent contact with overseas Field Advisors.
External: Interacts with Give2Asia grantees and donors.
- Bachelors degree with minimum 1-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
- Proven track record with organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and be flexible
- Entrepreneurial and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, including presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint); Experience with grant making and database applications strongly preferred (e.g. Salesforce)
- Work or life experience in Asia strongly preferred
- Interest in philanthropy and civil society development in Asia preferred
The Program Associate will support the stewardship of major donors, under the oversight of the Program Manager who manages the relationships with those particular donors. In cooperation with the relevant Program Manager, the Program Associate will be responsible for the following:
Stewardship of major clients
- Track grant portfolios and keep assigned Program Manager updated on progress and issues that arise
- Design and produce high-level as well as detailed grant making analyses, portfolio reports, and other documents adapted to the unique needs of each corporate client
- Draft other stewardship materials
- Collect, document, and disseminate best practices in Give2Asia’s stewardship of major clients
- Help assigned Program Manager respond to special requests from donors, as needed
- Serve as a back-up contact person for assigned major clients when Program Officer is unavailable
Grant making support
- Ensure that assigned grants are made and reported on accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner
- Review grant proposals and reports and seek clarification from the field, as needed
- Enter grant information into the database at the proposal and reporting stage; ensure information is kept up to date
- Write and edit proposals, donor reports, case studies and other grant-related documents
- Prepare custom proposal packages
- Maintain communication with field advisors and grantees across Asia
- Keep Program Manager and Officers informed of current events and developments related to and of interest to Give2Asia’s major clients
- Conduct research on potential new grantees and/or fields of interest
- Provide other research or content on current clients and grantees as requested by Business Development and Marketing staff
- Optimize database use for client stewardship; other database management and data entry, as requested
- Orient and train Program department interns
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
- Additional tasks, as require
How to apply
Interested applicants should fill out a job application here.