MANAGER, PROGRAMS & DEVELOPMENT - INDIA
Job Description | Winter 2017-2018
Give2Asia is recognized as a leading provider of philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform for funding partnership with local, charitable groups in 25 Asian countries. India is often the top recipient of charitable funds from Give2Asia’s donor-advised grant making activities. Funding comes from corporations, families, and private foundation.
Give2Asia is seeking a talented professional to lead programs and business development activities in the emerging market of India. We are seeking a self-starter who can work to achieve aggressive goals with minimal hand-holding and with creative approaches that meet the needs of both donors and charitable projects in India.
SUMMARY OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
As Manager of Programs & Development, India, you will be responsible for pursuing new client and donor relationships with both families and corporations in India. You will also manage due diligence, project scoping, and grant monitoring activities for programs funded by Give2Asia’s US entity. You will play an important role to guide Give2Asia’s refinement of services for India and international donors supporting causes and communities in India. The role will include travel within the country to visit potential donors, partners and program partners. You will also work closely with the Give2Asia’s other programs staff supporting India. During the first year, you will be asked to meet specific fee revenue goals related to Give2Asia’s donor services.
Give2Asia has built a reputation of trust based on an existing network of thousands of vetted grantee partners and passionate donors. As a member of our team, you will understand the value that Give2Asia’s work brings as a regional actor for philanthropic and nonprofit development in Asia, and will help to translate that value into a high-value, differentiated service provider in India.
Primarily to Vice President of Programs, Give2Asia based in San Francisco, CA
Secondarily to President & CEO, Give2Asia based in San Francisco, CA
You will work closely with Give2Asia’s U.S.-based and India-based staff and advisors, including Programs, Marketing, Finance & Operations, and Advisors in other Asian countries as appropriate.
· Refine goals and targets in partnership with the CEO and India-based staff
· Ensure proper due diligence, project scoping, and monitoring for assigned projects
· Fully understand Give2Asia’s service offering, and work with the staff teams to carry out detailed development of new services for India
· Work in tandem with other staff on marketing, business development, and events activity
· Coordinate with the finance and operations team to ensure proper handling and tracking of fees and donor funds
You will represent Give2Asia in existing and new business discussions in India, at events and forums related to philanthropy, social enterprise, and nonprofit development in India, and other external discussions and meetings that further Give2Asia’s business development in India.
· Manage communications and steward processes with nonprofit organizations in India that are proposed to or have already receive Give2Asia grants
· Target specific new donor/client opportunities to create giving for charitable project in India. These new donations could originate from either India-based or international donors and reach at least US$200,000 in donations by the end of 2018
· Create a steady pipeline of new donor/client opportunities to further increase fee revenue in subsequent years, and to demonstrate demand for the services Give2Asia has chosen to offer in the market
· Develop partnerships with other nonprofit and for-profit organizations to ensure a quality level of service deliver for Give2Asia’s donors and clients
· Coordinate, plan, and participate in events as a representative of Give2Asia
· Engage in social media and other public writing to help market Give2Asia and put forward its position in the marketplace
You have a minimum of 10 years professional experience with a significant business development and program background focused on nonprofit, social investment, or community development in India. You have existing networks in the corporate giving, private foundation, and/or social enterprise space. As the ideal candidate you will have:
· Commitment and enthusiasm toward Give2Asia’s focus on community-led development.
· An abiding interest in building the #1 platform for effective philanthropy serving India with both domestic and international funding.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to speak persuasively about the value of Give2Asia’s services and work.
· Experience building customer relationships, both via strong listening skills and the ability to match customer/donor needs with the services of Give2Asia.
· A comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector and/or philanthropy sector of India.
· An ability to work effectively across diverse cultural settings, both within India and with Give2Asia counterparts in the United States and elsewhere in Asia.
Specific knowledge of donor advised grant making services is a plus.
· Donor & Grantee Stewardship: From initially discussions and vetting of nonprofit partners, through Give2Asia’s grant scoping process, to the final report on each project.
· Donor & Client Development: From target identification to finalizing agreements, pursuing and managing new business development to meet fee revenue goals.
· Partnership Creation: Understanding potential partners, identifying relationship-building opportunities, and structuring partnerships with organizations to meet Give2Asia’s needs.
· Events & Conferences: Organizing Give2Asia events for donors/clients and attending conferences on Give2Asia’s behalf, including speaking opportunities
· Service & Marketing Leadership: Guiding Give2Asia’s service definition, pricing and marketing activities in the India marketplace
· Program Implementation: Hand-off to Give2Asia’s programs staff ensure proper implementation of programs as per the negotiation relationship and service commitment
Annual Salary Range: Contract position with a budget of US$25,000
How to Apply : Click here to apply