We seek talented, energetic individuals to become part of the Give2Asia team. Please review the opportunities listed below.
+ Vice President of Business Development
Give2Asia is seeking a talented business development professional to lead our efforts partnering with families and individual donors in the Bay Area and in other key markets. This person will join our team of 16 people in San Francisco to build relationships in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, helping them to leverage Give2Asia’s world-class services to further their philanthropic and social investment goals in the Asia-Pacific region.
SUMMARY OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Vice President of Business Development will be dedicated to ensuring that existing and emerging donor communities are engaged as they plan for and carry out funding for charitable programs in one or multiple Asian countries. This person will be supported by the efforts of Give2Asia’s marketing and program management teams, and will work in partnership with the President & CEO and the Board of Directors for business development efforts. In the first three months, the person will work closely with the President & CEO to develop a three-year growth plan for Give2Asia’s work with Bay Area families and individual donors. The Vice President of Business Development will then need to demonstrate an ability to help move Give2Asia toward that goal.
Give2Asia has built a reputation of trust that is based on an existing network of thousands of vetted grant recipients and passionate donors. The successful candidate will be able to build new relationships and tap new and existing partnership networks for Give2Asia while continuing to meet donor expectations of trust and excellence
Reports To: President & CEO, Give2Asia
Works closely and in partnership with Give2Asia’s program, marketing, and finance staff and the president to meet business development goals. Sets expectations with program and marketing staff to develop content and resources that aligns with business development. Coordinates with the finance team to ensure proper budget management and for the establishment of new donor accounts. Leverages the President & CEO as a resource to build new donor relationships.
The Vice President of Business Development is a visible representative of the organization, representing Give2Asia at public events, business meetings and other external settings that may involve donors, partners, prospective clients, grantees, and other constituents.
Minimum 10 years of professional experience, with significant business development and sales experience in the nonprofit, social investment, and/or financial sectors. The Vice President of Business Development will be creative and entrepreneurial with the following experience and qualifications, or their equivalent:
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, services and impact of Give2Asia, and able to engage others to join as partners and clients of Give2Asia; an abiding interest in building a platform for effective philanthropy in Asia;
- Proven sales and/or business development experience including plan development, sales and fundraising experience; personal and successful experience interacting with donors/clients, boards, and internal teams;
- Knowledge of and personal experience with philanthropic and nonprofit organizations working in the USA and Asia;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse cultural settings;
- Prior experience as a manager in a client service role; a career trajectory that includes nonprofit, wealth management and/or consulting practice management or related experience;
- Outstanding communications skills; a history of communicating effectively and persuasively in both large and small groups; excellent writing and public speaking skills for both formal and extemporaneous presentations;
- Demonstrated success expanding sales and/or client engagements in past roles, including engagements with corporate and individual clients;
- Ability to effectively direct marketing activities to support business development.
- Expanding Give2Asia’s base of family donors: The Vice President of Business Development will lead outreach to families and individuals, leveraging existing and create new partnerships with wealth managers, community foundations, commercial DAFs and other nonprofit groups.
- Contributing to overall growth goals of Give2Asia: Supporting the President & CEO’s goal of doubling Give2Asia’s business both in terms of fee generation and program investments during the next three years.
- Guiding donor stewardship activities: Donor stewardship is an important focus for overall business development. The Vice President of Business Development will work closely with Program Officers to structure donor stewardship activities that enable expansion of existing donor relationships, and strengthen the reputation of our service delivery.
- Identification of new donor services: This person will be an active contributor and generator of new service ideas, and support the overall organizational planning for the launch and delivery of new services for families and individuals.
- External representation: The Vice President of Business Development will represent Give2Asia, lead meetings, and make presentations at philanthropic, industry and client events.
Please send applications to email@example.com.
+ Marketing and Development Internship
Give2Asia is seeking interns to work with the Development Team. Interns will work with the Development Team to create content for Give2Asia's outreach activities and support Give2Asia’s local events, fundraising campaigns, and other initiatives. In addition, interns help to manage social media handles, as well as help to write press releases and op-eds geared towards local, regional, and national news. Interns will learn how international non-governmental organizations (INGOs) communicate internally and externally, across geographically dispersed areas.
- Researching and writing original articles, analysis of third party research and publications, and interviews with Give2Asia partners and grantees;
- Generating and expanding conversations via social media channels;
- Contributing to Give2Asia's marketing efforts with writing, editing, and other content creation;
- Support event planning;
- Some graphic/web design and video editing
The ideal candidates have a degree or are working towards a degree, and have a demonstrated interest in fields such as marketing/communications, international development, Asian studies, journalism, event planning, and/or design/video production. Candidates should have professional writing ability, and some experience in research and interviewing.
Candidates must be available for a minimum of 20 hours per week for a three-month period. This is a volunteer position with a small stipend available for meals and transportation.
Interested applicants should send a copy of their resume, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample and work portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity in Hiring Policy: Give2Asia is an equal opportunity employer, where the staff and Board of Directors reflect the diversity of our donors, partners and grantees. Employment and advancement opportunities are based solely on individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under law.