We seek talented, energetic individuals to become part of the Give2Asia team. Please review the opportunities listed below.
Please send applications to email@example.com.
Program interns will work with members of the programs team on their program development and grantmaking goals. Interns will also be able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments (i.e. finance, marketing).
The Programs Department at Give2Asia is responsible for managing donor relationships and accounts, conducting efficient and effective grantmaking to organizations in Asia, developing new programs in collaboration with donors and grantees, and generating program-related informational and educational communication.
- Helping to prepare new proposals, custom programs, and donor reports
- Assisting with donor correspondence and updates
- Conducting program research
- Blogging about interesting reports and events on the Give2Asia forum
- Researching and writing informational and educational materials
- Administrative tasks as needed (i.e. helping put together Board Polls, assisting in the due diligence process)
- Report reviews and re-formatting
- Salesforce entry for organizations and grants
Specific tasks will be based on qualifications and demonstrated proficiency. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a non-profit working in the field of international philanthropy. The Programs Internship is a year-round program. Candidates must be available for a minimum of 20 hours per week for a 3-month period. This is a volunteer position with a small stipend available for meals and transportation.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor's or master's degree and interest in international philanthropy and/or Asian affairs; strong research, writing, and editing skills; computer and internet proficiency; excellent interpersonal skills; and a desire to learn.
Interested applicants should send a copy of their resume, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing and Development Internship
The Development and Marketing Intern will work with the Development Manager to create content and do research for all Give2Asia's outreach. In addition, the intern will help manage our social media channels, which include Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, and LinkedIn, while remaining actively involved in improving how we communicate with clients.
- Staying on top of news related to Give2Asia's work in Asia, international development, natural disasters, charity or philanthropy law and publications, and more;
- Owning the content for our blog, including researching and writing original blog articles, analysis of third party research and publications, and interviews with Give2Asia partners and guests;
- Generating and expanding conversations via social media channels;
- Contributing to Give2Asia's marketing efforts with writing, editing, and other content creation; and
- Working with programs team to summarize work across the industries and sectors Give2Asia works with, bringing relevant information to marketing channels.
The ideal candidate has a degree or is working toward a degree in marketing and/or communications, and has a demonstrated interest in international development, Asian studies, journalism or a related field. The candidate should have professional writing ability, and experience in research and interviewing.
The internship includes working with the Give2Asia's team and independently, with at least two of those days in our San Francisco office. There is a rolling start date but the internship will conclude after an agreed upon period of three to four months. This is a volunteer position with a small stipend available for meals and transportation.
Diversity in Hiring Policy: Give2Asia is an equal opportunity employer, where the staff and Board of Directors reflect the diversity of our donors, partners and grantees. Employment and advancement opportunities are based solely on individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under law.