We seek talented, energetic individuals to become part of the Give2Asia team. Please review the opportunities listed below.
Please send applications to email@example.com.
Vice President of Business Development
Give2Asia is seeking a talented business development professional to lead our efforts partnering with families and individual donors in the Bay Area and in other key markets. This person will join our team of 16 people in San Francisco to build relationships in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, helping them to leverage Give2Asia’s world-class services to further their philanthropic and social investment goals in the Asia-Pacific region.
SUMMARY OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Vice President of Business Development will be dedicated to ensuring that existing and emerging donor communities are engaged as they plan for and carry out funding for charitable programs in one or multiple Asian countries. This person will be supported by the efforts of Give2Asia’s marketing and program management teams, and will work in partnership with the President & CEO and the Board of Directors for business development efforts. In the first three months, the person will work closely with the President & CEO to develop a three-year growth plan for Give2Asia’s work with Bay Area families and individual donors. The Vice President of Business Development will then need to demonstrate an ability to help move Give2Asia toward that goal.
Give2Asia has built a reputation of trust that is based on an existing network of thousands of vetted grant recipients and passionate donors. The successful candidate will be able to build new relationships and tap new and existing partnership networks for Give2Asia while continuing to meet donor expectations of trust and excellence
Reports To: President & CEO, Give2Asia
Works closely and in partnership with Give2Asia’s program, marketing, and finance staff and the president to meet business development goals. Sets expectations with program and marketing staff to develop content and resources that aligns with business development. Coordinates with the finance team to ensure proper budget management and for the establishment of new donor accounts. Leverages the President & CEO as a resource to build new donor relationships.
The Vice President of Business Development is a visible representative of the organization, representing Give2Asia at public events, business meetings and other external settings that may involve donors, partners, prospective clients, grantees, and other constituents.
Minimum 10 years of professional experience, with significant business development and sales experience in the nonprofit, social investment, and/or financial sectors. The Vice President of Business Development will be creative and entrepreneurial with the following experience and qualifications, or their equivalent:
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, services and impact of Give2Asia, and able to engage others to join as partners and clients of Give2Asia; an abiding interest in building a platform for effective philanthropy in Asia;
- Proven sales and/or business development experience including plan development, sales and fundraising experience; personal and successful experience interacting with donors/clients, boards, and internal teams;
- Knowledge of and personal experience with philanthropic and nonprofit organizations working in the USA and Asia;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse cultural settings;
- Prior experience as a manager in a client service role; a career trajectory that includes nonprofit, wealth management and/or consulting practice management or related experience;
- Outstanding communications skills; a history of communicating effectively and persuasively in both large and small groups; excellent writing and public speaking skills for both formal and extemporaneous presentations;
- Demonstrated success expanding sales and/or client engagements in past roles, including engagements with corporate and individual clients;
- Ability to effectively direct marketing activities to support business development.
- Expanding Give2Asia’s base of family donors: The Vice President of Business Development will lead outreach to families and individuals, leveraging existing and create new partnerships with wealth managers, community foundations, commercial DAFs and other nonprofit groups.
- Contributing to overall growth goals of Give2Asia: Supporting the President & CEO’s goal of doubling Give2Asia’s business both in terms of fee generation and program investments during the next three years.
- Guiding donor stewardship activities: Donor stewardship is an important focus for overall business development. The Vice President of Business Development will work closely with Program Officers to structure donor stewardship activities that enable expansion of existing donor relationships, and strengthen the reputation of our service delivery.
- Identification of new donor services: This person will be an active contributor and generator of new service ideas, and support the overall organizational planning for the launch and delivery of new services for families and individuals.
- External representation: The Vice President of Business Development will represent Give2Asia, lead meetings, and make presentations at philanthropic, industry and client events.
Program interns will work with members of the programs team on their program development and grantmaking goals. Interns will also be able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments (i.e. finance, marketing).
The Programs Department at Give2Asia is responsible for managing donor relationships and accounts, conducting efficient and effective grantmaking to organizations in Asia, developing new programs in collaboration with donors and grantees, and generating program-related informational and educational communication.
- Helping to prepare new proposals, custom programs, and donor reports
- Assisting with donor correspondence and updates
- Conducting program research
- Blogging about interesting reports and events on the Give2Asia forum
- Researching and writing informational and educational materials
- Administrative tasks as needed (i.e. helping put together Board Polls, assisting in the due diligence process)
- Report reviews and re-formatting
- Salesforce entry for organizations and grants
Specific tasks will be based on qualifications and demonstrated proficiency. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a non-profit working in the field of international philanthropy. The Programs Internship is a year-round program. Candidates must be available for a minimum of 20 hours per week for a 3-month period. This is a volunteer position with a small stipend available for meals and transportation.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor's or master's degree and interest in international philanthropy and/or Asian affairs; strong research, writing, and editing skills; computer and internet proficiency; excellent interpersonal skills; and a desire to learn.
Interested applicants should send a copy of their resume, cover letter, and a relevant writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing and Development Internship
The Development and Marketing Intern will work with the Development Manager to create content and do research for all Give2Asia's outreach. In addition, the intern will help manage our social media channels, which include Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, and LinkedIn, while remaining actively involved in improving how we communicate with clients.
- Staying on top of news related to Give2Asia's work in Asia, international development, natural disasters, charity or philanthropy law and publications, and more;
- Owning the content for our blog, including researching and writing original blog articles, analysis of third party research and publications, and interviews with Give2Asia partners and guests;
- Generating and expanding conversations via social media channels;
- Contributing to Give2Asia's marketing efforts with writing, editing, and other content creation; and
- Working with programs team to summarize work across the industries and sectors Give2Asia works with, bringing relevant information to marketing channels.
The ideal candidate has a degree or is working toward a degree in marketing and/or communications, and has a demonstrated interest in international development, Asian studies, journalism or a related field. The candidate should have professional writing ability, and experience in research and interviewing.
The internship includes working with the Give2Asia's team and independently, with at least two of those days in our San Francisco office. There is a rolling start date but the internship will conclude after an agreed upon period of three to four months. This is a volunteer position with a small stipend available for meals and transportation.
Diversity in Hiring Policy: Give2Asia is an equal opportunity employer, where the staff and Board of Directors reflect the diversity of our donors, partners and grantees. Employment and advancement opportunities are based solely on individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under law.