GIVE2ASIA Director of Marketing
We are Give2Asia, recognized as a leading provider of philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform to support and partner with local, charitable groups in 25 Asian countries. Give2Asia is seeking a talented professional to lead all of its marketing and communications activities. If you are that person, you will join our team of 10 people in San Francisco to build Give2Asia’s brand and visibility with key U.S.-based audiences including corporations, corporate foundations, family donors, and private foundations, as well as our outreach to audiences in Asia.
Summary of Job Accountabilities
As the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for shaping the marketing and communications strategy for Give2Asia, and implementing programs with support from other members of staff, and with further support from marketing interns. In the first three months, you will work closely with the President & CEO to develop messaging and a core platform for the overall program, along with meeting short-term goals. You will work to build this platform and meet Give2Asia’s longer-term marketing goals with your performance tracked against measurable 1-year and 3-year metrics.
Give2Asia has built a reputation of trust that is based on an existing network of thousands of vetted grant recipients and passionate donors. As a member of our team, you will be able to understand the story Give2Asia has to tell and communicate our story to various audiences using the most effective and appropriate tools.
Reports To: President & CEO, Give2Asia
- You will work closely and in partnership with Give2Asia’s program, development, and finance staff, as well as the CEO and board directors.
- Set strategic goals and expectations within the organizations.
- Work with the program staff for contents, events and other activities that the program staff must contribute to in order for the marketing program to succeed.
- Coordinate and work in tandem with business development and fundraising efforts to align marketing with successful expansion of the organization.
- Work with the President & CEO, the Board Chairman, and other Board Directors to determine appropriate speaking, media and story-telling opportunities.
- Coordinate with the finance and operations team to ensure proper financial management of the marketing program, and to put in place operational improvements that can improve results.
As the Director of Marketing, you will be a visible representative of the organization, representing Give2Asia at public events, partnership meetings, and other external settings that may involve donors, partners, prospective clients, grantees, and other constituents.
You have a minimum of 10 years professional experience, with significant marketing and communications chops in the nonprofit, social investment, and/or financial sectors. You are a creative and visual story-teller with the following experience and qualifications, or their equivalent:
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, services and impact of Give2Asia, and able to engage others to join as partners and clients of Give2Asia; an abiding interest in building a platform for effective philanthropy in Asia;
- Proven marketing and communications experience including strong writing skills, web and online marketing savvy, media relations capabilities, and the ability to guide spokespeople on staff and the board;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse cultural settings;
- Prior management experience in a marketing and communications role;
- Outstanding communications and public speaking skills for both formal and extemporaneous presentations;
- Ability to be successful as a one-person team or with minimal additional human resources;
- Demonstrated success in building brand awareness; and
- Ability to effectively direct marketing activities to support business development.
Knowledge of and personal experience with philanthropic and nonprofit organizations working in the
USA and Asia is a plus.
- Marketing & Communications: Building visibility for Give2Asia with donors and the overall international philanthropic sector as a leader in community-focused development.
- Capturing Relevant Stories of Give2Asia’s Work for Marketing Impact: Understanding how to take the content from the hundreds of grants Give2Asia makes each year and communicating the right stories to the right audience in the right way.
- Building Social Communities Online & Offline: Attracting our community of donors to interact with each other, share information and engage in the work of supporting projects in Asia.
- Press Exposure: Creating a baseline program from ongoing press mentions, and a plan for expanding Give2Asia’s role as a thought leader in our market.
- External representation: Representing Give2Asia, leading meetings, and making presentations at philanthropic, industry and client events.
How to apply
Interested applicants should fill out a job application here.