We are featuring brand new projects in need of funding that give everyone an opportunity to support and help make positive change in the communities involved. Read more about these projects and click on the project title to learn how you can show your support.
This project will allow India HIV/AIDS Alliance to establish a new Care and Support Center exclusively for women and children living with, or affected by, HIV/AIDS. Donations to this project will also help fund the Center's operations for a year as it provides vital services including treatment education, specialist counseling, legal aid, vocational training, assistance in obtaining governmental social welfare benefits, and anti-retroviral medicine distribution.
This three year project will allow the Bangladesh Environment and Development Society (BEDS) to establish a Mangrove Learning Centre in the Sundarban Mangrove Coastal Region of Bangladesh, and deliver a curriculum to those wishing to learn more about the essential role that mangroves play in the local eco-system. This project will fund the Centre's construction, including a training facility, museum, accommodation and dining facilities for visitors and students, and offer educational courses on mangroves and climate change. This project will involve the Japan Environmental Education Forum (JEEF) as an implementing partner.
The Karen Hilltribes Trust will partner with local communities to construct a durable dam and irrigation system to provide a reliable, year-round water supply for 3 - 4 Karen villages of approximately 350 each in northwest Thailand. This system will help the Karen people moderate their water supply even when facing unpredictable weather patterns due to climate change, allowing them to increase their food security and diversify into cash crops.
For more projects which are currently in need of funding, browse our other posts:
- Our first feature presents Accessible Toilets for Needy People (India); 1001fontaines Water Kiosks (Cambodia); and Scholarships for Indigenous Youths (Philippines).
- Our second feature presents One University Scholarship for a Myanmar Undergraduate (Myanmar); Bio Discovery Center Building (India); and the Inculcating Civic and Social Consciousness Among Youth (Sri Lanka).
- Our third feature presents Ponds for Organic Farms (Cambodia); Producing Documentary Films on Indigenous and Other Local Cultural Knowledge (Philippines); and Educational Support for Children with Disabilities (India).
- Our fourth feature presents Thlat Primary School Building (Cambodia) and Youth Empowerment and Social Transformation (India).
- Our fifth feature presents Transforming Community Health for the Karen Hilltribes (Thailand); Residential Care for Women with Disabilities (India); and Patient Care Management at the Thazin Orchid Clinic (Myanmar)
- Our sixth feature presents Children's Medical Fund (Myanmar); Enhancing Employability among Indian Youths Living with HIV (India); and Culture and Arts Library for Indigenous and Traditional Knowledge (Philippines)
- Our seventh feature presents Improving Working Conditions for Waste Pickers (Bangladesh); Making Medicines Available at an Affordable Price (India); and Karen States Education Assistance Group (Myanmar)