We are featuring brand new projects in need of funding that give everyone an opportunity to support and help make positive change in the communities involved. Read more about these projects and click on the project title to learn how you can show your support.
This project will support the Bangladesh Environmental Development Society (BEDS) in their mission to provide durable safety materials and health and sanitation educational programs to protect approximately 40 "waste picker" families in the city of Khulna, Bangladesh. Waste pickers are performing a vital service for the city's waste problem, but do so at serious risk to themselves due to their lack of equipment and sanitation education.
The Dharwad Generic Drug House in Dharwad, India, specializes in providing affordable medicine to the city's low-income residents. They currently receive approximately 200 visitors a month, most of which are living with chronic, non-communicable diseases. This project will provide seed funding to support the Dharwad Generic Drug House for 3 years, during which time the center will have grown to become economically self-sufficient.
This project will bring much needed school supplies to approximately 250 schools (primary and secondary) in the multi-ethnic Karen State of Myanmar. Due to the fact that these schools are located in active conflict zones or are extremely rural, transporting the supplies is a complex process involving deliveries via boats, buses, porters, and even buffalo.
For more projects which are currently in need of funding, browse our other posts:
- Our first feature presents Accessible Toilets for Needy People (India); 1001fontaines Water Kiosks (Cambodia); and Scholarships for Indigenous Youths (Philippines).
- Our second feature presents One University Scholarship for a Myanmar Undergraduate (Myanmar); Bio Discovery Center Building (India); and the Inculcating Civic and Social Consciousness Among Youth (Sri Lanka).
- Our third feature presents Ponds for Organic Farms (Cambodia); Producing Documentary Films on Indigenous and Other Local Cultural Knowledge (Philippines); and Educational Support for Children with Disabilities (India).
- Our fourth feature presents Thlat Primary School Building (Cambodia) and Youth Empowerment and Social Transformation (India).
- Our fifth feature presents Transforming Community Health for the Karen Hilltribes (Thailand); Residential Care for Women with Disabilities (India); and Patient Care Management at the Thazin Orchid Clinic (Myanmar)
- Our sixth feature presents Children's Medical Fund (Myanmar); Enhancing Employability among Indian Youths Living with HIV (India); and Culture and Arts Library for Indigenous and Traditional Knowledge (Philippines)