We are featuring brand new projects in need of funding that give everyone an opportunity to support and help make positive change in the communities involved. Read more about these projects and click on the project title to learn how you can show your support.
Child's Dream Foundation will coordinate medical treatment in Thai hospitals for approximately 30 Burmese children under the age of 12 suffering from one of three clearly-defined congenital diseases: Heart Disease, Anorectal Malformation, and Hypospadias, with each medical treatment lasting between 2-4 weeks.
Over the course of 18 months, the India HIV/AIDS Alliance will provide vocational and skill-building trainings to 1,000 people living with HIV between the ages of 15 and 25. The project, which will be implemented in the Indian states of Delhi, Maharashtra, and Uttar Pradesh, will go beyond offering vocational-trainings, and aims to place at least 80% of the program graduates into long-term employment.
This project will construct and furnish a Culture and Arts Library in Agusan del Sur, Philippines for the preservation and study of local indigenous knowledge that is being excluded from mainstream educational curriculums. Project funds will ensure that the library is well-stocked with relevant books, journals, periodicals, films and audio recordings, tables, chairs, and building fixtures, as well as audio-visual equipment for library visitors to explore this wealth of materials that cannot be found in other regional libraries.
For more projects which are currently in need of funding, browse our other posts:
- Our first feature presents Accessible Toilets for Needy People (India); 1001fontaines Water Kiosks (Cambodia); and Scholarships for Indigenous Youths (Philippines).
- Our second feature presents One University Scholarship for a Myanmar Undergraduate (Myanmar); Bio Discovery Center Building (India); and the Inculcating Civic and Social Consciousness Among Youth (Sri Lanka).
- Our third feature presents Ponds for Organic Farms (Cambodia); Producing Documentary Films on Indigenous and Other Local Cultural Knowledge (Philippines); and Educational Support for Children with Disabilities (India).
- Our fourth feature presents Thlat Primary School Building (Cambodia) and Youth Empowerment and Social Transformation (India).
- Our fifth feature presents Transforming Community Health for the Karen Hilltribes (Thailand); Residential Care for Women with Disabilities (India); and Patient Care Management at the Thazin Orchid Clinic (Myanmar)