RECENT NEWS & EVENTSCheck Out The Latest From Give2Asia
IGNITE & INSPIRE - We are proud to announce Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and founder of the Grameen Movement, Dr. Muhammad Yunus, will be the keynote speaker for Ignite & Inspire. Please join us at InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel on September 30 as we recognize the fantastic work of our local partners in Asia and their accomplishments.
ENDING POVERTY FORUM - We are hosting an afternoon of strategic discussions for practitioners and philanthropists alike to explore models for addressing poverty alleviation in Asia today. Join us and a panel of experts from India, China, and the Philippines on September 30 at Squire Patton Boggs in San Francisco.
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENTKnowledge Experts In Each Country, A Focus on Local Impact
- $30 million in grants annually with a focus on helping local communities across Asia
- Comprehensive portfolio spanning health, education, livelihood, disaster, the environment and women & children
- Expert presence on the ground in all of the 25 Asia-Pacific countries where we grant and support projects
- Projects have directly improved the lives of over 100 million people
- Close donor partnerships with foundations, individuals and corporations to improve the impact of donor-advised giving
NEPAL EARTHQUAKE UPDATE - A 7.3-magnitude earthquake struck eastern Nepal, near Mount Everest, just two weeks after 8,000 died from an earthquake of 7.8 magnitude on April 25. At least 48 have died, with 1,200 more injured.
Since 2004, Give2Asia has responded to over 40 natural disasters, ensuring donors in the United States safely and effectively support local organizations helping devastated communities rebuild.
Give2Asia has been grantmaking in Nepal since 2001, and is working with the Asia Foundation to both provide immediate relief and identify local partners for long-term recovery. Click here to give now.
On May 13, Give2Asia's President & CEO spoke at the World Affairs Council, Rebuilding Nepal. Click here to watch the video.